What To Expect
Kamloops Physiotherapy is grateful you have
chosen us for your healthcare and we will
strive to deliver the best service we can,
every time you come in.
Here is some information for you before your scheduled appointment:
- Please arrive for your appointment at your scheduled appointment time (or 15 minutes before to fill out forms if you did not complete them online)
- It is NOT mandatory to wear a mask to your appointment but you may be asked to wear one by your Physiotherapist. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you free of charge.
- Caregivers or support staff are welcome to join you if needed. Some appointments (eg. vestibular) may require that you have assistance for a ride home.
- If you have any symptoms of sickness/illness please call the clinic to cancel and re-book your appointment at 250-314-0788.
- There will be sanitizer for your hands at the front desk.
- You will be brought to your private, clean treatment room where you will be seen by your therapist shortly.
- If you need shorts or a tank top, they are available for your use. You are welcome to bring your own (i.e. for knee or shoulder assessment)
- If you have any symptoms associated with cold, flu or allergies (runny nose, cough, etc), you may be asked to wear a mask. Please do not attend your appointment if you are actively sick with a cold, flu or COVID-19.
- Your first appointment is approximately 45-60 minutes and includes a detailed history of your injury, physical assessment and treatment with an individualized plan for your rehabilitation.
After Your Appointment
- Once your therapist has completed your assessment and treatment they will recommend a treatment plan and follow up visit frequency that suits your needs. Reception may have appointments “held” for you to ensure that your next visit is timely and efficient. These can be changed and modified depending on your needs.
- Following your appointment, reception will collect/process your payment in a manner that’s easiest for you. There are a few ways we can do this:
- debit/credit card (tap for contactless payment)
- credit card authorization (automatic billing after your treatment)
- We DO bill certain extended health plans, so please bring this information with you to your appointment
- Receipts will be emailed to you unless you prefer one be printed in the office.
- There is no water cooler available so feel free to bring your own water bottle.
We Are Excited To See You At Kamloops Physiotherapy!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 250-314-0788 before your appointment and we would be happy to help you.