COVID-19 Safety Plan
Kamloops Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre is following the requirements put forth by The College of Physical Therapists of BC, the BC Center for Disease Control, WorkSafe BC, the Provincial Infection and Control Network and the Public Health Officer. Our practitioners (physiotherapists, kinesiologist and registered massage therapist) and administrative staff care greatly about your health.
We have instituted the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other contagious diseases.
Please remember, if you have symptoms of COVID-19, a cold or the flu, please call and postpone your appointment.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- We continue to offer Tele-Rehabilitation Video Visits for those of you that want/need to stay at home but still want to access our guidance and expertise.
- If you are sick with symptoms of COVID-19, the common cold, the flu or another contagious disease please call the office and postpone your appointment to help prevent the spread of these conditions.
- If you are unsure if you should attend please err on the side of caution or discuss this with our reception team on the phone in time to cancel your appointment if needed.
- Everyone entering Kamloops Physiotherapy is required to wear a mask that fully covers their nose, mouth and chin at all times. We appreciate when you wear a medical mask if you have one or you can take one that we supply free of charge.
- To help with physical distancing, please call us at 250 314-0788 to arrange a visit rather than dropping into the clinic without an appointment.
- Patients will be directed to wash or sanitize their hands.
- If patients arrive without a mask, they will be supplied with one to wear the full time they are in the clinic.
- Patients will be immediately taken to their treatment room which will have been cleaned before every appointment.
- Your therapist may ask you to put on a medical mask, that we supply, if your mask is not adequate for close contact.
- We strive to limit having patients sitting in a waiting room before or after their appointment.
- If you are unable to stand for the short period before you are in the treatment room, we do have a place available for you to sit down.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT
- Equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- A medical mask will be worn by the practitioner during treatment.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- After treatment, it is good practice to wash or sanitize your hands before leaving the clinic.
- At times of heightened COVID-19 transmission in the community, we will not have patients remaining in the room for extended periods of time after the scheduled one -on-one time has been completed for treatments such as heat or ice and modalities. This will allow more time for the room to sit empty for adequate air exchange before the next patient arrives.
- Treatment rooms are cleaned between patients as well as any equipment used during a patient visit.
- Periodic cleaning of frequently touched surfaces within the clinic such as doorknobs, light switches and countertops etc. occurs throughout the day.
- All disinfectants and hand sanitizers are approved by Health Canada.
- Hand sanitizer is in every treatment room and at reception.
- Posters with guidance on proper hand hygiene and mask wearing are located in the clinic.
- Patients can choose a Video Visit (Tele-Rehabilitation) for physiotherapy or kinesiology.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is being utilized by our staff.
- Please wear a mask that fits well and covers your nose, mouth and chin at all times in the clinic . Masks are required at all times. Please wear a medical mask if you have one. If you do not have your own mask, a medical mask will be provided to you.
- Arrive alone if you can to allow social distancing within the clinic.
- Please clear through the front desk area quickly to avoid congestion. Maintain physical distancing at all times in the reception area.
- Credit card authorization is preferred to allow contact free payment.
- Receipts can be emailed..