COVID-19 Safety Plan
,Kamloops Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre is following or exceeding the requirements put forth by The College of Physical Therapists of BC, the BC Center for Disease Control, WorkSafe BC, the Provincial Infection and Control Network and the Public Health Officer. Our practitioners (physiotherapists, kinesiologists and registered massage therapist) and administrative staff care greatly about your health.
We have instituted the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please note that all patients must complete our online COVID-19 Screening Tool prior to their visit. Please click here to use this tool.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- We understand that Tele-Rehabilitation Video Visits are a wise choice for many and the safest option for some people. We will continue to offer this Virtual Care option.
- All patients and staff will submit the COVID-19 Screening Tool online before each appointment or work shift. If patients have not completed the questionnaire online then they will need to complete it in the office before their visit.
- Patients should arrive at the clinic no more that 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. If you are earlier than this, please wait in your vehicle.
- Bring only what is necessary into the clinic (e.g. mask, water bottle and credit card).
- Posters on the front entrance will ask patients to enter only if the waiting room is empty to ensure physical distancing.
- No visitors or walk-ins will be allowed to enter the clinic unless they are a caregiver for a patient with a scheduled appointment. Caregivers must also submit the COVID-19 Screening Tool.
- Please do not bring your children with you to the appointment. If you can not leave your children, a Tele-Rehabilitation appointment that you perform from your home is a good option for you
- Patients will be directed to a room to wash their hands and will be supplied with a mask if they did not bring their own.
- They will then be immediately taken to their treatment room which will have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before every appointment.
- We will no longer have patients sitting in a waiting room before or after their appointment. If you are unable to stand for the short period before you are in the treatment room, we do have a place available for you to sit down.
- Our washrooms are primarily to be used as hand washing stations. Please try to plan for your visit to minimise the need to use the washroom facilities while at the clinic.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT
- Both the Seymour Street clinic downtown and the Tudor Village clinic have been divided into zones that allow your practitioner to work while maintaining social distancing between other practitioners and staff.
- The equipment in that zone will only be used by that practitioner and will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- A mask and pair of gloves will be worn by the practitioner during treatment. The gloves will be changed and discarded appropriately between patients.
- The practitioner will book your subsequent visit while in the treatment room/zone.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- After treatment, you will be asked to wash your hands before leaving the clinic.
- As the treatment we offer can require close contact between patient and practitioner, some people may want to consider changing into different clothes after you leave the clinic.
- If more than one follow-up appointment is needed, they can be booked over the phone so that you do not need to be standing at the reception desk in the waiting area when another patient is arriving.
- All patients will be offered a Video Visit (Tele-Rehabilitation) for physiotherapy or kinesiology.
- All new physiotherapy patients to the clinic who are 70 years old or older will have an initial video (or phone) session to take a subjective history and screen to see whether an in-clinic visit is appropriate.
- Booking schedules have been modified to allow social distancing between patients and staff and reduce total occupancy within our clinics at any one time.
- Practitioner start and break times are staggered
- Booking frequency has been reduced
- Fewer practitioners are working at the same time
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is being utilized by our staff.
- Work zones have been created for each practitioner to decrease close interactions with other staff in previous high traffic areas and to avoid sharing of equipment and supplies.
- Treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected between patients as well as any equipment used during a patient visit.
- Plexiglass “Sneeze Guards” have been installed at reception desks.
- Hand sanitizer is in every treatment room and at reception.
- Hand hygiene posters are located at every sink.
- Cleaning protocols have been introduced that address the following:
- Disinfecting treatment rooms and equipment between patients
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting for often touched surfaces within the clinic such as doorknobs, light switches and countertops etc.
- All disinfectants and hand sanitizers are approved by Health Canada.
- Please wear a mask. They are required. If you do not have your own mask, a medical mask will be provided for a fee of $1.
- Arrive alone to allow social distancing within the clinic.
- Credit card authorization is preferred to allow contact free payment.
- Receipts can be emailed.
- The water cooler is unavailable so bring a clean water bottle if you need fluids during your session..