COVID-19 Safety Plan
amloops Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centre has always followed the requirements put forth by The College of Physical Therapists of BC, the BC Center for Disease Control, WorkSafe BC, the Provincial Infection and Control Network and the Public Health Officer. Our practitioners (physiotherapists, kinesiologist and registered massage therapist) and administrative staff care greatly about your health.
We have instituted the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other contagious diseases.
Please remember, if you have symptoms of COVID-19, a cold or the flu, please call and postpone your appointment.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- We continue to offer Tele-Rehabilitation Video Visits for those of you that want/need to stay at home but still want to access our guidance and expertise.
- If you are sick with symptoms of COVID-19, the common cold, the flu or another contagious disease please call the office and postpone your appointment to help prevent the spread of these conditions.
- If you are unsure if you should attend please err on the side of caution or discuss this with our reception team on the phone in time to cancel your appointment if needed.
- Mask use by patients is optional at Kamloops Physiotherapy. You may be requested/required to put on a mask for part or all of your treatment session. Your therapist will discuss this with you.
- Patients are always welcome to wear masks. There may be times where staff are not wearing masks but we will always be happy to wear a mask if requested.
- Patients will be directed to wash or sanitize their hands.
- If patients arrive without a mask but wish to wear one, they will be supplied with one free of charge.
- Patients will be immediately taken to their treatment room which will have been cleaned before every appointment.
- Your therapist may require you to wear a mask during part or all of your treatment session. This may depend on the type of treatment being done, any medical risks factors you or the therapist may have and the levels of COVID-19, Influenza and other respiratory viruses currently circulating in the community.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT
- Equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- A medical mask may be worn by the practitioner during treatment.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- After treatment, it is good practice to wash or sanitize your hands before leaving the clinic.
- Treatment rooms are cleaned between patients as well as any equipment used during a patient visit.
- Periodic cleaning of frequently touched surfaces within the clinic such as doorknobs, light switches and countertops etc. occurs throughout the day.
- All disinfectants and hand sanitizers are approved by Health Canada.
- Hand sanitizer is in every treatment room and at reception.
- Posters with guidance on proper hand hygiene and mask wearing are located in the clinic.
- Patients can choose a Video Visit (Tele-Rehabilitation) for physiotherapy or kinesiology.